Sunday 2 November 2008

Mustard, Super Troopers, and Halloween Weirdness...

The days seem so unbearably cold, I find myself complaining like an old woman. Planning on buying a load of jumpers next weekend, have been wearing 3 t-shirts, a scarf, gloves, and a hoodie around the place, not the most attractive look going for me... Although, I'm not the most attractive anyways...

It was lovely to see Shane on Thursday. We wandered around Shop Street, looking for ideas for birthdays and Christmas coming up. The queues from the costume shops were long and packed. Some people were even dressed up the day before Halloween. Strange... He brought me to this restaurant called 'Mustard', which does really different burgers and pizza's, like an Ostrich burger, things like that. Got myself an Indian Spiced Lamb burger, very nice indeedie. Then we went to a poetry reading, where Shane read his poem for the first time to an audience. He did fairly well, was proud of him... We visited Hazel and Oisin after that. It was pretty late, so Ois had gone to bed, and we all watched Super Troopers. Just hilarious!

How was everyone's Oiche Shamhna? This was the first year ever it didn't feel like Halloween for me. I was thinking of visiting the parents that day, and Dad had said he would pick me up, but just wasn't sure if I was going home that day. So, I went to Aldi to buy a Halloween brack, but of course, too late, none left. Got them a Fruit loaf (and some yummy white chocolate for myself), and walked back. Bag was packed, made Dad some warm Meatballs, cos he'd been working in the cold all day, and the heat in his van was broken. Once he'd eaten a bit, we were on our way home, with a duvet over us in the van!

It takes about 1 hour from Galway city to my home in Connemara. So, we'd made it half way when suddenly, the van conked out. Dad had to quickly find a safe place to park the van. I'd thought the tyre had burst or something, but Dad said something about a Timer Belt (don't ask me). So, there we were, in our duvet, talking and keeping warm, while Mum and Roisin were on their way to pick us up...

Once we'd gotten home, which was around 8:30, we had a little dinner, and everyone was tired. It didn't feel like Halloween at all. No scary movies or anything like that. Think I even went to bed before 11pm... Next year, I'll have to get a load of scary DVDs for the night...

Things have been good since. Mum got us a brack, on All Saints Day (the day after Halloween). Giggle, it was a bit late for it, but it tasted gorgeous :)

Breda came down as well, she's been having bad pains in her tooth, and can't figure out what it is, as she's braces on. Feel so bad for her, she just finished her paper, and gets her results (oh, she got a 2.1 in her Masters last week, yippeeeeeee), and now shes in pain. :(
She was showing me the photos of her teeth and how they've changed so much since she's had braces. Don't know, I always thought she was pretty before her braces. Think it's a confidence thing, she always looked confident. But, I'm always told I'm blessed with perfect teeth, although not looked after them well...

No comments: