Sunday 19 July 2009

My memories... My thoughts... The woods....

At times, I think back on memories that bother me a bit... And it does bother me.

One time, I was walking into the woods with an ex, it was one of the last days we'd spend together, and I like being quiet walking thru the woods, taking things in..
This place was beautiful. I don't know any woods near me, and have only been in one or two, so this was really great..
And a little bit into it, he asked me why I wasn't talking. I said I didnt know, I didn't think there was something wrong about not talking to someone you cared about in these beautiful woods, especially when it would be the last time we'd see eachother for a while (later on, it turned out we'd never see eachother again).

But, it seemed to bother him, which made me upset. I was having a great time in the woods with this guy, and he wasn't. On the way back, he told me to stop crying and walked in front of me. He wasn't holding my hand, I embarrassed him when people were walking past...

:( What did I do....

Today, I was watching this old RTE documentry, it was about this writer that loved to walk thru the woods. But, she said she'd bring someone who liked to walk beside her, but not to talk, but to enjoy the quiet of the woods, to listen to the little rivers running thru the place, to listen to the birds singing, and let all those worries flow away.

And I thought, wow, I wasn't in the wrong.

It just makes you think...

No comments: